Diaphragm Pneumatic Actuator
Features and Benefits
• Improved sealing method: The diaphragm is designed with a metal sealing component. This eliminates the need to forcibly seal the diaphragm and improves design integrity.
• Personnel Safety: A safety shear ring prevents actuator removal in the event that control pressure is unknowingly trapped.
• Less Maintenance: Longer Seal Life is maintained through use of rolling diaphragm.
• Control Pressure Protection: A pressure relief valve on the top diaphragm housing protects the diaphragm and personnel from over-pressurization of the actuator.
• Corrosion Resistance: Non stainless components are phosphate coated for longer wear life.
• No Special Tools: No special tools are required for spring installation or removal.
• Bonnet Packing Leak Detector: A tattletale fitting located above packing visually confirms packing leaks.
• Back Seat Verification: A test fitting located above the bonnet stem backseat provides verification of the stem to bonnet, metal to metal seal integrity.
• Ease of Maintenance: Top shaft seals are easily replaced in the field by simply removing a retainer ring. Disassembly of the actuator or upper housing is not required for seal replacement.
• Fire seal: A metal to metal seat design between the actuator, bonnet and stem serves as a secondary fire seal if high temperatures destroy lower stem bonnet packing.