Piston Pneumatic Actuator
Features and Benefits
• Improved Sealing Technology: Longer seal life for bonnet and top shaft using Poly Pak seals.
• Personnel Safety: A safety shear ring prevents actuator removal when unknown control pressure is trapped. This guards against personnel injury.
• Control Pressure Protection: A Pressure relief device on the top of piston housing protects personnel from over-pressurization of the actuator. It is designed for easy field inspection and replacement.
• Corrosion Resistance: Non stainless components are coated with phosphate for longer wear life.
• No Special Tools required: No special tools are required for spring installation or removal.
• Back Seat Verification: A test fitting located above bonnet stem backseat provides verification of the stem to bonnet, metal to metal seal integrity.
• Fire safe seal: A metal to metal seat design between actuator, bonnet and stem serves as a secondary fireseal if high temperatures destroy lower stem bonnet packing.
• Heavy Duty Compression Spring: The spring provides extra force in the fail close operation and secures positive backseat engagement when flow line is at low pressure.
• Indicator Rod or Top Shaft: Shows the position of the gate. Made from stainless steel, it requires no protection from the elements.